Thank you for choosing C.A.T.S., Bridge to Rescue.
We are glad that you have decided to adopt a cat from our shelter.
Each animal’s welfare is our foremost consideration.
The following information is requested so that your adoption counselor can better assist you in the selection of a lifetime companion.
The cats available for adoption came here from a variety of sources. We cannot guarantee the cats’ health or temperament. All animals are examined by a vet or vet tech during their foster care with us. Their health is routinely monitored while at the shelter, however there is always a chance that they are incubating a disease without showing any clinical signs. We recommend that you keep your new pet separate from any animals in your home until your veterinarian has examined your new pet.
Be prepared that a yearly vet exam can cost up to $100 a year for a cat and is your responsibility after the adoption takes place. All of our cats / kittens have been fully vetted, including spay/neuter/vaccines/flea treatment/dewormer at the time of adoption. Declawing adopted cats is highly discouraged due to possible related health and behavior issues. If you are interested in declawing, we recommend adopting a previously declawed cat.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADOPTER TODAY, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a picture ID showing your current address
- Have the knowledge and verifiable consent of your landlord (if applicable)
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in the household
- Understand that we have the right to verify any information on this application, including a property check
- Understand that we have the right to enforce any provision of the contract in the future
- Complete our adoption application in full
C.A.T.S. Bridge to Rescue reserves the right to deny any application.